Building, Grounds, and Cemeteries Superintendent
Oronoko Charter Township is seeking a qualified individual to oversee the maintenance of its buildings, grounds, and cemeteries. This position is 40 hours per week with a pay range of $19.57 to $25.43 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will plan, supervise, and perform a wide range of tasks associated with all Township facilities. They will have experience or show ability to:
- Plan and organize tasks for additional workers;
- Coordinate burials with funeral homes/directors;
- Prepare cemetery sites for funerals including laying out, opening/closing gravesites, installing vaults, pouring headstone foundations, etc.;
- Lead and/or participate in landscape and grounds maintenance;
- Lead and/or participate in leaf removal in the fall and snow removal in the winter;
- Operate and maintain vehicles and equipment;
- Obtain bids and quotes for various projects;
- Perform other tasks in the job description.
This job has physical requirements that must be met and a valid driver’s license is required. A private or commercial pesticide license is preferred.
Resumes or letters of interest will be received until June 25, 2021 and can be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to or dropped off at the Oronoko Township Hall at 4583 E. Snow Rd. Berrien Springs, MI 49103. A full job description can be viewed at www.oronokotownship.org