Policy and Procedure for the Public Inspection and Copying of Public Records in the Assessor's Office
1) Property assessment & valuation information will be available for public review online 24/7 through an individual software site. The link for this information will be posted on the Oronoko Township website and/or Facebook page when it becomes available.
2) By the end of tax year 2019, additional assessment data including but not limited to land value determinations and economic condition factor (ECF) studies will be published on the Oronoko Township website and/or Facebook page.
3) Requests for public inspection and copying of public records may be made verbally and/or in writing also to include via email.
4) Said requests may be directed to any township office employee either verbally or electronically.
5) Any requests made pursuant to Michigan's Freedom of Information Act, shall be made to the FOIA coordinator and shall be subject to the statutory requirements of FOIA
6) If a verbal request is made, the township office employee shall prepare a checklist of items/records requested to be copied and/or inspected.
7) The responding township office employee may require the requesting party to counter sign the check list to indicate compliance with the verbal request.
8) The responding township office employee shall be responsible for the production of the requested copies.
9) The requesting party shall be billed for the copies and preparation time, if applicable, pursuant to the schedule of charges established by the Oronoko Charter Township Board.
10) There is no copy charge for a copy of a single Property Record Card request.
11) If the request is for inspection of a public record, the responding township/city official and/or authorized individual shall respond in a timely manner, not to exceed 2 business days, from the date of said request. Said response shall indicate the date, time and place when said public inspection of the requested public records shall take place.
12) The establishment of the date and time of the public inspection of the requested public records shall be in the discretion of the responding township official and/or authorized individual. The place designated for the requested inspection shall take place at the Oronoko Charter Township Hall.
13) The responding township/city official and/or authorized individual shall allow such inspection between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, unless mutually agreed to by the responding township official/city and/or authorized individual and the requesting party.
Oronoko Charter Township employs a full-time Assessor whose regular office hours are M-F, 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
Taxpayers may request an individual appointment with the Assessor anytime. Feel free to contact our Assessor directly during normal office hours anytime via email or phone:
Linda L. Schadler MAAO(3), MCPPE
Phone (269) 471-2824