Oronoko Township was organized on March 11, 1837 and became a Charter Township in 1988. Some believe that the township was named after Oronoko, an Indian Chief known by the Governor, George Mason. Others believe that the township was named after the heroine in the novel “Oronoko, OR, The Royal Slave: A True History”, published by Mrs. Aphra Behn in 1688. The seat of Berrien County government was moved to Berrien Springs, the heart of Oronoko Charter Township, that same year of 1837.
Oronoko Charter Township
- Oronoko Charter Township Demographics
- Berrien County Recycle Info
- Gift of Life Michigan Organ & Tissue Donation Program
- Greater Berrien Springs Recreation Department
- Oronoko Charter Township Adopted Master Plan April 13, 2010
- Oronoko Charter Township 2014-2018 Parks & Recreation Plan
- M-139 Corridor Improvement Plan
- FOIA Procedures & Guidelines
- Public Summary of FOIA Procedures & Guidelines
- FOIA Detailed Cost Itemization
The OFFICIAL location for postings of all meetings is the bulletin board on the front of the Township Hall building.